Details for FOCUS Boot Camp (Oct 3rd-5th)
What is Boot Camp?
a. Boot Camp is a FOCUS-run retreat that deals with who the Holy Spirit is and what His role is in our personal sanctification and evangelization efforts on campus. The retreat is very practical and involves “spiritual exercise.”
Before the Retreat Starts
a. Pray your novena every day starting Thurs. Sept 25th-Fri. Oct 3rd
b. As a sacrifice, we will all fast from food (unless medically problematic) starting Wed. Oct 1st from 8pm until Noon on Thurs. Oct 2nd as well as Thurs. Oct 2nd from 8pm until Noon on Fri. Oct 3rd.
c. Turn in your green envelope (found on the counter of the front Newman desk) with your information on the front and $20 inside (checks made out to FOCUS-UNL) by Mon. Sept 29th
Boot Camp Location:
Bishop Neumann High School
202 S Linden St. Wahoo, NE 68066
40 minute drive from Lincoln
Dates and Times
- Thurs Sept 25th-Fri Oct 3rd - Pray your novena each day!
- Fast from food as a sacrifice (unless medically problematic) Wed. Oct 1st from 8pm until Noon on Thurs. Oct 2nd as well as Thurs. Oct 2nd from 8pm until Noon on Fri. Oct 3rd.
- Boot Camp is Fri Oct 3rd-Sun Oct 5th
- Arrive at Newman at 5:15pm to arrange for carpools to Wahoo
- Notify a missionary if you plan on driving yourself (as well as anyone else carpooling with you later)—dinner will be served from 6:15-7pm at the retreat
- Mass will be offered Friday night at the retreat (as well as Sat and Sun)
- Boot Camp will end no later than 2pm on Sunday
You need to be present for the entire retreat. Talk to a missionary if there is a conflict.
a. Sleeping bag, pillow, extra blankets (whatever you need to be comfortable kneeling and sitting on the floor)
b. Toiletries—including towel and shower stuff
c. Bible, rosary, journal, writing utensil (a folder with notepaper will be provided)
d. Casual clothes that are modest
Questions-Ask Logan 402-217-2097 or your missionary